Belle Acres Golf Course opened on May 1, of 1930 and is the oldest active course between Nashville and Knoxville, Tennessee. Built by Dr. J.P. Terry with the help of Arnold Mears, a pro at Richland Golf Course in Nashville.
Belle Acres had only 7 holes originally, and sand greens. Two more holes were added about a year later and the greens were eventually converted to cotton-seed hulls. A later conversion to Bermuda was troubled by crabgrass prompting a change to today’s bent grass greens.